Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Old Man Checking In!


My first post since I turned 40! Really not much has changed except I wake up every morning and I am sore... I want to go to bed at 9:00 pm... and I keep yelling at the neighbor kids to get off my lawn. I was already peeing every half hour.

First of all, I wanted to thank those of your that came out to wish me happy birthday at Pyramid Alehouse. It felt great to be surrounded by my favorite people and my favorite beer. I had a great time hanging out, shooting the breeze and drinking tasty brew after tasty brew. We should do that more often! Those of you that didn't hang out for the "clubbing" part of the evening missed some Nixon ass shakin' so hard I thought someone was going to get hurt. Settle down, fellas. It was only Pete and which of us hasn't seen him in action before? Y'all weren't supposed to bring me presents but I certainly appreciate it. You guys do all know me very well... alcohol, mexican food, sports, music and Selena. Who didn't see the Selena t-shirt coming?

Let this post serve as a warning that my annual awards are coming! I know you wait for them every year. I have always struggled with the name for these prestigious awards in the fields of music, beer, movies and food. The Mikeys sounds too childish... The Sexies makes it sound hotter than it is... I think this year we are going to go with the BS awards. To get you in the mood for this onslaught of information you have either never heard of or don't give a hoot about (the phrase "not giving a hoot" brought to you by the Crotchedy Old Man Association or COMA) I am starting you off with the top ten Mike movies of all time! I'll explain what a "Mike Movie" is in the next post.

No comments: