Thursday, December 13, 2007

Top 5 British Bands


Inspired by my rockin' trip to the UK, I present my current Fab Five bands from the 51st state. With the exchange rate, I thought that I would need to present 10 or 11 bands but I decided all their measurements are off over there. Some good... (20 ounces in a pint, mate) Some bad... (might I bum your yankee dollar bill to light my stogey).
5. Coldplay - "Do you know how I know your gay?" I'll take the bashing for admiting it. I like the music Chris Martin and the lads put out. It's not all bollocks, but mix in the choice cuts and you can put together a fine cool out.
4. The Fratellis - I am anxious to see if their follow up can rock me like their debut album. They drop a little here by the album being over a year old and them cancelling the concert I was geared up to see at Harlows. Mainly for the concert part.
3. Gorillaz - Pumping out a solid base line and some funky rhythms. They make me want to shake me generous bum. Clearly the best cartoon rock bank since Josie and the Pussycats. They are the only British band to take home the BS for song of the year with Feel Good, Inc. a couple of years ago.
2. Art Brut - They are the newest band to enter my world. Love them! Eddie is a funny bloke. They have skyrocketed to the top of my "band I most want to see live" charts. Excellent lyrics that I sing for hours after my ipod stops and a rocking beat that keeps my ipod going.
1. Arctic Monkeys - They nose out the competition by putting out the most consistent collection of rocking songs on this list. Their debut was stronger than their release this year. But there were enough choice cut on that album to make a smokin' itunes playlist.

No comments: