Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Summertime and the Gnus Feel Fine


I hope that y'all are enjoying your summer. I appreciate those Gnus who have put off vacation until the end of the season. When you are packing for that trip, don't forget to bring the tie-dye and represent! Our latest installment from Gnus Around The World is Clayton saying "G'day!" right before he put another shrimp on the barbie. Wait, this is Mexico! Playa Del Carmen if Clayton is to be trusted. I think the hat and beautiful blue water threw me off. The only Mexican beach I have seen was in Ensenada where the water is a little browner and has floating Chicklet boxes in it.

Since I have you... I may as well talk about our most recent game. Fueled by the fact that the Muscleheads on WIN Financial either don't know this web address or have had their laptops repossessed, the Big Sexy was a little harsh in my preview last week. Well, after playing them, I don't think I was harsh enough. I don't know whether they were more a bunch of toolboxes or a bunch of douchebags. We may need to put up a website poll. And I don't mean the stripper pole that these guys have custom built into their Bret Michael's inspired bedroom. This vitriol is not just because the Bad Gnus took another 11-7 loss. These guys just were not like the other 7 teams in the league. Wearing team uniform wife beaters, sliding to break up double plays and referring to everyone on the team as "kid" were just symptoms of a bigger, overall team personality disorder happening over there. I'm sure their after game ice chest was full of vodka Red Bulls.

The Gnus competed gamely in this one, tying the score at 7 in the 5th inning. An early inning defensive cluster ffffffffff-udge hand delivered WIN 5 runs. With the slumping Bad Gnus offense, it was just too much to overcome. To their credit, WIN played pretty solid defense throughout, including robbing this bitter author of extra bases in his third at bat.

Next week, the Hanks roll into the Bad Gnus den. We have been getting closer and closer this year to beating the Hanks, narrowly losing 22-1 the last time we met. This week might be our week!

No comments: