Thursday, March 25, 2010

Opening Day 2010!

Just picked up the season schedule. As soon as my finger touched the tangled table of tantalizing tussles, I was told that a new schedule is being created and it will be sent to me. Why not send it to me in the first place? Don't they know that to drive allllll the way down La Sierra, carefully planning to attend the mandatory meeting after any meeting actual happens but before the doors are locked conflicts with my busy Spring schedule?

I was told the first week won't change, so I do know the time and date of that. But telling you now before you read the rest of what's on my mind would defeat the purpose of the mandatory reading. Good luck timing the ending...

Here are some fun things I did find out. Arden Park is going to continue to use a 6 - 12 foot pitch range. Seemed pretty basic to me, but apparently the new ASA rule is 6 -10 feet. Dang! I wish we were using that. Then the Hanks 14 foot pitches might actually be called illegal. (Did I actually discuss softball rules on this blog??) I have three comments about what I know about the schedule.

1-There are 10 teams including all of usual suspects. Ahern is still using my least favorite name in the league. This creates 3 bye weeks =o( . But does make the season last until June 14. =0) That seems like forever from now!

B-We will play all of the teams in the league and the games will be on both Mondays and Tuesdays. Don't know what that will do for attendance. I wasn't expecting that. Aside from the scheduling difficulties, I really like being able to play all the teams. When I have the schedule released, hopefully you will be able tell me what games you can make.

III-WIN Financial is now the Balco Bangers. I knew WIN Financial couldn't possibly still be in business but I hoped that meant this garage full of tools would find another league. The more I thought about it, I'm glad they are here. Then I'd have to pick another team to anonymously slander on the world wide web. Balco Bangers is kind of a fun name for them. If there was "name-the-team" contest for that group, I'm sure I wouldn't have picked that first, but I might have actually picked it eventually for them. They are admitting to their not so hidden steriod use. I'm sure they like the double entendre' of the "Bangers" name. Although from what I understand about steriod use and their relationship to your walnut and sex drive, I would think the only thing they would be banging would be their head through the window of the latest bar that kicked them out.

Our first game is this Monday, March 29 at 6:30 against Silver Bullets. I'm fired up! I am officially the first to RSVP for opening day. Please let me know your plan ASAP. This season is bound to go down in history as one of our seasons. Actually, this may be the 20th season of Bad Gnus softball! I'll need a Gnu with a better memory to confirm that? Greg? Hell, he won't remember either? Kevin? Where the heck are you!?! Howard? He still looks the same as he did 20 years ago. He doesn't age, so he's not to be trusted. Rex Davis? Which one? I look forward to seeing you all.

No comments: