Thursday, December 28, 2006

Best of 2006 - Food

Y'all know I need to push away for the table every once in a while, but I don't. Just more of me to love, I guess. That's what my mom has always said.

Burrito

I loves me a burrito. It's my favorite food so I'll start here.

1. Los Lunchero Wagono Asada - This huge upset put the portable roach coach on the corner of Folsom and Jackson on top of the list. They showed me that a burrito can be wonderful without the cheese, sour cream and guacomole.

2. El Portal Super Chicken - Too far away now (North Highlands), but still merits special notice. I shouldn't get spiritual about a burrito but I feel the warmth down to my toes in the wonderful creation that Pedro makes for me.

3. Chevy's Fajita Chicken - The tasty chips and salsa foreplay puts this one up there.

4. #24 Breakfast Burrito at Aldaberto's - Maddeningly inconsistent from chain to chain. But when it's good it's good, when it's bad, it's real bad.

5. Chipotle Chicken with Guac - The guacamole at chipotle makes this extra special.

Taco

1. Rubio's Fish Especial
2.El Portal Steak
3. Chipotle Chicken
4. Los Lunchero Wagono Asada
5.Woody's Mahi Mahi Firecracker Style

Burger

1. Maximum Burger at Sacramento Brewing - mmm mmm mmm
2. Bandera - Ok, I've only had bites of my kids burgers because of my inability to vary from things I like (see #1 in next section), but it is very tasty.
3. Pyramid Alehouse Burger
4. $6 Guacamole Burgerat Carl's Jr.
5. Woody's Bacon Guacamole Burger

Sandwich

1. Blackened Fish at Bandera - Add the world's best slaw, their amazing potatoes colcanon along with freshly squeezed Bocce Ball.
2. L'Michelle at Mr. Pickles - Just beware the old man at the counter.
3. The Perfect Veggie at Togo's with extra tomatoes - It was the one mystical time that employee care, veggies at their peak of ripeness were brought together at a time when I was starving
4. Hawaiian Chicken at Jack's Urban Eats - Yummy
5. Cheesesteak at Hoppy's - I'd like to actually have that with a beerfor a change.

No comments: