Thursday, April 26, 2007

CDs of the Year - The Early Awards


I know you all decide your musical choices based on what I'm listening to, so here are my early in the year selections for best music so far this year...

1. The Fratelli's - Costello Music - You cannot not shake something when this is on!

2. Fall Out Boy - Infintiy on High - Even though they screwed Sacramento by cancelling their concert next week and not rescheduling, I still love this band and this CD is good. I think they just saved me the pain of feeling real, real old at the concert.

3. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Sank - Takes a few listens, then you are hooked. Their last album title is the tag line for the website "Good News for People Who Like Bad News" They just spelled it wrong.

4. Spring Awakening Soundtrack - Perhaps I'd feel different about this Broadway soundtrack if I didn't see and absolutely love the musical. But I did and it is awesome! The show will never come to Sacramento, so unless you travel you may never see this. Best musical ever! Surpassing Chicago, Jesus Christ Superstar and Rent, but that's a different list.

5. Barenaked Ladies - Barenaked Ladies Are Men - Back to more upbeat songs after a disappointing release just last fall. Might be the band I'd most want to hang around and drink beers with. They just seem like fun and nice guys.

No comments: