Monday, June 08, 2009

Dog Sexy


Hello! I would like to introduce myself. I am Dog Sexy and I'm latest addition to the Maves family. After the failed adoption of Phuc Yu and Phuc Mi a couple years back on April Fools Day, Mike and Anna actually brought a new member of the family in - me!

I was living large! I was living in the country, chasing squirrels and wrestling with my 5 brothers. One day, all these people came in and played with me and my brothers. It was a good time. Next thing I know, I'm trapped in a car listening to Green Day for an hour and a half.

Once I got to the big city, I was called all sorts of things. I was Lucky for an hour. Then I was Digger for a half an hour. I was Sherlock for a while. I didn't like the hat and pipe they kept sticking in my mouth. Trust me, you don't want to stick anything in there unless you want my floppy mouth and little teeth to slobber all of it. I refused that name after I found out that was going to be my last name. My first name was No and my middle name sounded something like Sit. It didn't seem right how much laughter my masters got by saying my name and they wouldn't say it in front of all my little masters. They finally settled on Murphy but I'm not wearing that Cubs hat anymore. I'll chew it up I see it again.

By the way, how many little masters are there is this place? Every time I turn around there's a new one picking me up or playing with my fat feet. I thought I forgot to walk one day.

As you can see from my picture, I've got quite a long hangdown. You ladies didn't need to say that... I've got one on the other side of my head too. They are very useful for retaining water when I leave the water bowl. This pup gets thirsty! But let me tell you something about these long ears, I can hear everything! Everything is so noisy in my new life. Can't everyone just quiet down for a tick tock? I feel like I'm in a Sam Raimi movie. Every 60 seconds, I'm jumping out of my extra skin.

Anyway, after a week, I'm really settling in nicely. I really like this big yellow horse I'm living with. There's still so much more trouble to get into around here. So many toys left on the floor. So much floor that needs to be marked. So many places under the fence I can sneak through. Hope to see you guys out at the ballfield soon. Do your dawg a favor and leave a mitt laying around, will ya?

No comments: